Friday, July 24, 2009

Cowabunga Bay & A Car Accident

Wednesday, I took the girls and some of their friends to Cowabunga Bay for Chloe's birthday (which is next week and I'll do a proper b-day post then). They had so much fun!

Myah, Shaylie, Brielle, Chloe, Hannah



Seriously, I think they spent a good hour trying to get everyone onto the inner tube at the same time. You can tell by their faces how proud they are of their accomplishment.



Here is my review of Cowabunga Bay. Typically, I like a good water slide. This place however, may have done it in for me. First, let me say that I HATE being splashed unexpectedly even if I'm already wet, (I know I'm weird) so that's kind of where my problems started. But, just getting from point A to point B is a feat in itself. Unbeknownst to me, kids can dump buckets of water on you and squirt you with hoses while you're walking up the stairs (which is SUPER funny). There is also water shooting out of the structure from every which way. Goggles would have come in handy. Then I finally get up to the tallest slide (the purple tube slide) and was not prepared for what would happen next. Take my advice and don't attempt this slide unless you are wearing a one piece swim suit. After being shot out of that thing at bullet speed, my swim suit top was wrapped around my head. No one wants to see that. And if you're going to be getting an enema, I think it would be nice if they would inform you of that with some sort of warning sign. I should have stopped there. But no. I thought it would be a good idea to try the red tube slide which was not quite as high as the purple one. Needless to say, I had pretty much the same experience but for that slide you get to scale a mesh/net ladder thingy which forced me to stare death in the face wondering if they had tested the ladder for use by chubby people! Also, if you are walking along and you start hearing bells, that means that 2 tons of water is about to be dumped on you which is also quite enjoyable. Not.

I will say, after I tested out all the slides and was violated by water in every possible way, I noticed that the girls were still having loads of fun so, I felt pretty confident that I could let them go at it themselves if they stayed together. I was able to relax in a lawn chair, work on my tan, and catch up with my long lost friend Sudoku. I knew it was a good idea to bring that book.

Now, if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, we were involved in a car accident on the way home! I was rear-ended and pushed into the car in front of me. And it happened to be at that intersection that's about a mile from our house. You know the one...the one EVERYONE drives by 10 times a day. I probably don't even need to post this since most of you drove by and saw it all. I do appreciate all the concern that was expressed towards us, it's just that it's kind of embarrassing. Especially when you're in your swimming suit. Anyhoo, I'm happy to say, it wasn't my fault and we all seem to be okay.

The hole in my back bumper.

The dangling license plate on my front bumper.

Good times. Good, GOOD times.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you enjoyed the Bay! Whenever you want to be violated again, let me know! Sorry about the accident. Just found out! Can I do anything?

Lucrecia said...

Oh man, that's one exciting day! I went to cowabunga last week. I thought it was way overpriced for such a small water park. But still fun. I can definately relate to the displeasure of getting to the slides while being sprayed from every direction. That's not my favorite, either :)

Christenson's said...

I thought Cowabunga Bay was fun.... it was really splashy which would be fine if they just heated it up a bit...We loved it though you just need to wear board shorts over a one piece haha sorry I should have warned you if you had just asked me I guess!!

Shelly said...

Thanks for a good laugh! I know exactly what you mean about that enema thing...I pray I never hear the bells of which you speak toll.

Glad to hear you weren't hurt in the accident!

Rochelle said...

That has to be the funniest way of sharing your experience! thanks for the good laughs and the warning!hahahahahha! glad you're ok though!

Cindy said...

You are, BY FAR, the funniest girl I have EVER met!! I am laughing really hard right now, especially imagining your swim suit wrapped around your head! hee hee. Wish I coulda been there to join in on the festivities! Although I agree with you, I do NOT liked getting splashed in the face! I think it's because of Dave. :) Sorry about the accident, but glad you are all ok!! Love you and miss you!!

Carlye Momma said...

Oh you are killing me softly girl! I've been wanting to take the kidlets there...now...not so sure...I am JUST LIKE YOU...I LOVE the water, but HATE getting splashed/sprayed/whatever else unexpectedly! Your poor car! Oh BOY! I personally LOVE just sportin my swimsuit for all to see...so I don't know what your problem is. Own that swimsuit! ;-) You crack me up mama! really...thanks for making my day.

Heidi said...

I wish I could have been at the water park with you to share the fun! I can't believe you got in a car accident. I'm glad you are all ok. I will have to call and get more details!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the car but I am happy that none of our favorite girls were hurt in any way, except for the water getting every where.
Love you all!
Becky, you are an awesome mom!

Heather said...

Hi Becky. This is Heather, Shar and Heidi's old roommate from the good old days. I found your blog after a tip from Shar. I hope you don't mind. Reading this post, I was laughing out loud and remembering the fun times we had in the Grand Am in Ptown. Your girls are darling!

Becky said...

Heather!!! Yay! I'm glad you found me. Email me sometime and we can catch up. I think about you and the good old days often. slushyer@hotmail.com