Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School & One Lonely Mom

Today, my baby started Kindergarten.
I always take a picture of Chloe on the first day of school in the front yard. I thought I'd do the same with Myah. She's cute!

Then we got in the car and I let her sit in the front seat. She feels special when she gets to sit in the front seat. She looks big.

Then we got to school and she got in line with her friends. They're cute too.

Then I took about 65 pictures of her standing in line, because she's so cute.

Then she was like, "MOM, seriously..."

Then she just ignored me and my camera.

Then she walked away.

And I cried. It was ugly.

Then I got in the car and thought it would be a good idea to call Leer. It wasn't. Crying, I told him that I had just dropped Myah off at school and that I was on my way to Target. Trying to help, he said, "just think, you get to go there all by yourself!"

Therein lies the problem. Now I have to go to Target by myself. Alone. Without my baby.

In other news, Chloe started 5th grade last week. This is the first year I didn't cry when I dropped her off. Don't get me wrong, I like her just as much as I like Myah. I guess by now I'm just used to her being at school. It's going to be a great year for her.
I always take a picture of her in the front yard on the first day of school. She's something pretty.

9 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

awwww...I love you and your pretty babies! I don't know what I'll do when Hayden starts going to school. YUK! Can't think about it! If ya ever want someone to join you at Target...well me and 2 other kidlets can come. Ya know...since we have AM K and all. Can we just...for a sec...talk about how your beautiful girls will NEVER need mascara! JERKS!

*side note* my word below is "chukled". I think that's quite fitting don't you?

Jenna said...

AMEN to all you said, SISTA! I love all the pictures! I can only imagine you at Target with tears streaming down your face - what the he*# am I supposed to do with myself?

I did not cry at all when I dropped Mia off at her second year of kindergarten. I was really proud of myself.

I love reading your blog - it makes me laugh and of course, miss you!

Heather said...

Becky, you are so funny. Your girls are darling. Good luck getting adjusted to the quiet house.

Amanda said...

You should be jumping for joy!! Your girls are beautiful. Myah is starting to look more like Chole and so grown up! Call me, I will soon be alone in the afternoons as well!

Amber said...

They are both so cute. I'm realizing that I might be the worst mother in world though. I LIKE when they go to school!!! Not so much because they are away from me though...it's because I'm excited for all the new things they get to see and do. I just can't seem to find myself getting emotional in the traditional sense!!! LOL So maybe that'll help you... think about how much fun she's having... On a side note, I don't mind going to Target alone... it's my zen time! LOL

Heidi said...

I can just imagine you calling Jason crying. I'm sure you were laughing too! You usually also laugh when you cry! It always makes me laugh. I'm sad for you but so glad for Myah!! I know she has been so excited for it to be her turn to go! I'm glad it's finally here for her! I'm sure you will adjust to going to Target by yourself. I know you can do it because you are a big girl!

Unknown said...

Ahhh your girls are pretty! Good luck with the transition of being by yourself, I can't even begin to imagine what that will be like. Enjoy!!! But tears are ok too!

Nicole said...

Congrats Myah. She looks so dang adorable too. I can't believe how grown up she looks. Kindergarten will be great for her. Hey if you are truly not sure what to do with yourself there is plenty of crazyness at my house you are welcome to come by anytime and hang out I promise you won't be bored.

Lucrecia said...

Oh my, they are both sooo beautiful! And they look super ready for school! How exciting for Myah :)