Monday, February 8, 2010

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?


I'm not, but Chloe is! She was one of 2 students from her class that qualified to participate in the Geography Bee at her school. I was really proud of her. She did well, but didn't win.


So, are YOU smarter than a 5th grader? Here is the question that she got wrong:

Which state is not partially located in the Mississippi River Drainage Basin?
A) Vermont
B) North Carolina
C) Wyoming

Ummm, I don't know. I've never even heard of the Mississippi River Drainage Basin. She guessed North Carolina and that is not the correct answer.








It's Vermont for those of you who are playing at home.

9 comments:

Christenson's said...

No actually I'm not...

Tim Wright said...

That was sorta hard and a little easy the bee.

Lucrecia said...

Geography Bee??? Is that some sort of punishment?? I'm definately not smarter than a fifth grader, natch!

Amber said...

Most definitely not... I don't even think I'm smarter than my 2nd grader!

Tracy said...

I don't like to watch those shows, it just goes to prove how much I've forgotten (I like to think at one point I did know some of that stuff!) Way to go Chloe, I hope she reatins more than I did...

the Wilcox Family said...

I think I'm smarter than a 2nd grader, but only because I taught that grade and memorized all the answers. Chloe is awesome to even make it that far! And who knows about drainage basins anyway??

Heidi said...

Way to go Chloe! What a smarty pants!!

Ashraf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carlye Momma said...

LOL! I definitely would have gotten the answer wrong as well. We play that game quite frequently. The kids are ALWAYS smarter than me. Shocker. :-) I swear I used to be smart. Then I had three kids and my brains came out with each of them.

Congrats Chloe!