Friday, February 26, 2010

Valents Tine Day

That's what Myah calls it, but it is otherwise known as Valentine's Day. This year Myah was really interested in Valentine's Day. It's truly the perfect holiday for her because she is such a loving little girl. She made gifts for all of us and was so excited to give them to us. She was especially proud of the gift she made for her dad. When he opened it, she cheerfully yelled, "It's a Pixo Mama!!!"
Look how happy Leer is! And look how proud Myah is. And it looks just like me...right?



This is a Valentine project that the kids and I worked on. I had seen the cute heart-shaped crayons all over the internet and thought it would be a fun Valentine for the girls to give to their friends. It took forever. And you need A LOT of crayons.

It made quite the mess, too. And that pile of barrettes were all removed from my hair. Myah didn't like peeling all the wrappers off of the crayons, so she decided to give me a new hair-do.

Just to give you an idea of what it looked like, here is an example of a hair-do she gave me on a different day. She does this quite often and you can tell by the look on my face how enjoyable it is. I mean, it doesn't HURT YOUR HEAD at all. Attractive, isn't it? It's ok to be jealous. She'd probably do yours if you're interested.

Where was I? Oh yeah, crayons...
You end up with a massive pile of crayon papers and really sore fingernails.

Baking...

Here's the end result. They look good enough to eat. But don't. Wax. Ew.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW! I did a V-day project with crayons once, and I have never done it again. I know your pain. Love the hair. When can Myah do mine?

Christenson's said...

My grandma always made those crayons with the left over nubs of regular crayons, she however would mix all the colors together and put them in cupcake papers they would look like rainbow peanutbutter cups and I loved them!!! What a cute Valentines idea!!

Cedar said...

What a great mom! I once saw Martha Stewart do it in the trays that you make suckers out of! If I start right now, maybe by next valentines day I could be ready.;)

Carlye Momma said...

SO CUTE and creative! I LOVE the hair too! Could she do mine? Love you guys!

Ashley and Andrew said...

You are amazing! I can't even do the Valentine sugar cookies... Andrew's in charge of that! You girls are lucky to have such a creative mom! I'm going to start stealing all your ideas so when my girls are older they'll think I'm creative too :)

the Wilcox Family said...

She sure is cute. . .can we steal her for a while? And what a cute V-day idea (much better than dum-dum suckers--which is what my poor kids took to school). Too creative!

Carlye Momma said...

and I LOVE Leer's face. He looks SUPER stoked about his present. You have such a cute family!

Heidi said...

I think that is my very favorite post of yours ever!!!!!!! I love Jason's expression!!! I'm still cracking up. That is sooooo him. He looks so much like his dad in that picture. Your hair....hilarious. Thanks for sharing. Love the crayon valentines! I will have to remember that when Audrey is older. To cute!

Steph Smith said...

You are such a cute Mom!

Nicole said...

Love the crayons they are way cute! I have put that in the back of my mind for my girls in the future. My kids like to do my hair too but she does a much better job hence I have yet to be risky enough to take a picture of myself after. Maybe she can give katie and Megan some pointers. You are too cute love the great ideas!

Lucrecia said...

Becky, where are you?? It's been so long since you posted!