Saturday, July 26, 2008

Brace Face


Before

Prepping her teeth with blue goo

Open wide!

After

There's no hope for our kids. Jason and I both had braces, so inevitably our kids will. What a trooper Chloe was though. I was so proud of her! Not many 8 years olds have to get braces, but they are trying to make room for her teeth to come in close to where they should be. Supposedly, if we can take care of some of these issues now, she won't have to have so much orthodontia later on in life. (It's a new philosophy, people.) She was pretty excited to pick colors for her bands. Pink and green were the winners. It turned out to be a pretty fun day. We laughed really hard about how she looked with her mouth stretched out.

1 comment:

Turnbow Family said...

Unfortunately I can relate. Not only did I have braces at 8, but the full head gear that I did in fact wear to school. At least they're not making kids do that anymore!!