Tuesday, October 27, 2009

He's Alive! He's Alive!

Last night the girls and I tried our hands at making some Frankenstein pops. If you want to make some, here are the ingredients that you'll need.

I added some peppermint extract to the green candy melts, but you could also use green mint chips.

Note: You might also want to borrow Myah. She will sing her rendition of "I Want To Rock & Roll All Night" the entire time you are making these.


So, you dip the marshmallow into the melted green candy and use a small spatula or knife to wipe off the excess coating. Then dip the top into the chocolate jimmies.


Then use a small paring knife to make some holes in the sides for your tootsie roll bolts (or earrings, as Myah calls them). Also, you'll want to add your licorice lips at this point while the candy coating is still wet.


Then stand them up in something, like a mug (or hot tub as Chloe calls them).


Once they have hardened, you can lay them on a piece of wax paper. Pipe some eyes on. We used melted white chocolate chips for this. Then use some melted chocolate chips to pipe some pupils on.


Some of them turn out pretty darn cute.


Others...well, not so much.



We ran out of jimmies for their hair, so I decided to let Myah decorate the bald ones all by herself. They look AMAZING!


If you have a daughter as talented as Myah, you may even end up with one that resembles Sloth from The Goonies.

Anyhoo, we had lots of fun and they taste pretty good!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! I just might have to give it a try here soon:)

Amber said...

Wow Myah! You're awesome! Someday I hope you can teach me your extraordinary talent!!! Cute idea Beck.

Heidi said...

So fun!!! I just might have to give those a try!!! Thanks for the tip!

Cara said...

So CUTE!! I love the Sloth one!!!

Cara said...

So CUTE!! I love the Sloth one!!!!

Carlye Momma said...

lol!!! I am DYING right now. Who doesn't love Young Frankenstein hmmmm???? GREAT JOB LAYDAYS! I love all of you! And thanks for the cute idea. I may just have to use it!

Christenson's said...

Those were cute and delicious... thanks for sharing with my kids!! I love the sloth one and it really does look like him, way to go Myah!

Heather said...

Cute idea. Nice work girls!

Turnbow Family said...

Those do look pretty fabulous!! But I've learned my lesson for the season that just because someone else makes something that looks cute and easy doesn't mean it will work for us...

Cindy said...

A BIG laugh...as usual!! CHo CO late. hu hu!! I sure wish I could have that big one that looked like Sloth. You are such a good Mum. Love ya!

the Wilcox Family said...

Very cute. . . . I especially love the goonie guy. You have the creativity I wish I had!