Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bear Country (Road Trip Part 3)

Yes. I said BEAR Country.

If you know me at all, you know that I am deathly afraid of bears. However, I do have to admit that driving through Bear Country was one of the highlights of the whole trip. These bears are used to people. At least that's what I had to tell myself.

Did you know that Leer can growl like a bear? It's a gift. He didn't know the camera was rolling when he was trying to wake a sleeping bear. I seriously laughed all my make-up off as I kept replaying this clip.


He got me back though when he rolled my window down while a big ol' bear was only about 15 feet away from me. Not nice!


Even though it's called Bear Country, they have a lot of other animals roaming around too.

Elks

Reindeer

Arctic Wolves

Big Horn Sheep

and Wolves

9 comments:

Shaunie said...

That is truly a gift! I must admit that I kind of laughed at the 2nd clip more, though.. Mostly at Myah's comment! You guys are the best!

Shaunie said...

PS - I love all your new posts! Great pictures and lots of good times!

Carlye Momma said...

I'm so proud of you! Big step mama! Like Shaunie, I laughed so hard at the 2nd clip more...and about Myah's comment too. HAHA! She's hilarious!

Tracy said...

I'm WAY impressed that you were that close to a bear and didn't have a breakdown (at least not that's recorded on tape!) I'm with Shaunie, that's what really made me laugh!!

the Wilcox Family said...

Soooo, that's a lot of really close animals. Me thinks you are braver than you think! You guys sure are adventurers lately. . . . tell your girls they are lucky to have such good parents. Our vacation this year consisted of a trip to AZ for a funeral. Yours was better!

Amanda said...

I love your bear stories! You are a crack up. Thanks for sharing:)

Christenson's said...

I love Myah!!! I got scared to mom I didn't laugh.... I'm with everyone else that was too funny!!!

Ryan and Lindsay said...

I am so excited to see all the new blog posts. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun on your trip. We missed you and can't wait to see you! We almost came up on Sunday, but then didn't want to bother you on your first day back! Anyway, we hope to see you soon.

Heidi said...

What?!! I can't believe you even went there!!!! Did you have your bear spray with you?