Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stadium of Fire

Chloe once again had the opportunity to participate in Stadium of Fire. Just like last year it turned out to be a wonderful experience for her. I think it's such a neat thing for her to do even though it's tough. It builds character and shows her that she can accomplish something really awesome because she worked hard. And let me tell you, these dancers work HARD. First they learn the dance at their own studios and then all the dancers practice together for about 25 hours over the course of 2 1/2 days. And it takes 840 dancers to put on a show like Stadium of Fire. They practice outside on astro turf and it is HOT and exhausting! It is so grueling that they have a team of EMTs there and believe me, they were busy. Luckily, I had the privilege of being able to volunteer again. I get to be responsible for a group of girls and give them rides to and from BYU, make sure they stay hydrated and spray them with water to try to keep them somewhat cool.

Soup (Ashlyn), Sasha (Chloe), Mrs. Wilkinson (Sarah) & Johnny I Mean Tina (Sophie)

This was the group of girls that I was responsible for. Oh my goodness, they had so much together. The conversations they had with each other during the car rides made me laugh until I cried. They even had nicknames for each other.









I didn't get any coverage of the dance performance or the Carrie Underwood concert or the fireworkds because my camera died. It had a message on it that said "Battery Exhausted" and I had to laugh because I knew all these girls could identify with that.

4 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

Aww! They all look so beautiful! I hope our fam can go next year, bummer I missed Tiff in the dancer group. Your babies are such awesome dancers!

Christenson's said...

Ya I didn't look at all weird or giantly standing next to all those cute small girls!! Thanks for helping though your the best helper! Same time same place next year???

LuLu said...

Oh my gosh! These girls are serious troopers! I live really close to the stadium if you guys ever need a pitstop. I'd love to have you!

Becky said...

Tiffany - No you did not look weird, silly. You blended right in. And Heck YES I want to help again next year. I seriously LOVE it.

Lu - You might be sorry you offered. I might have to take you up on that next time. Thanks!