Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Music To My Ears

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

I absolutely love music. Playing it, listening to it, and singing along with it (when no one can hear me, of course). I love all different kinds of music, it just has to be good or meaningful to me. I particularly respect REAL musicians. You know, people who can actually play an instrument, or people who write their own music. I am truly amazed by such talent and wish I was blessed with it. Sure, I can plunk out something halfway decent on the piano, but write a song?...I think not. Well, here are my 3 current favorites:




Adele is amazing! She is only 19 people. She writes her own music and has a voice and style that is totally unique. If you haven't heard of her, you must check her out. My favorite song on this CD is called "Tired". If she ever comes in concert here, I'm there!



It's rare that I really enjoy a CD from the minute I first hear it. Not the case with this one. I really like almost every song on this CD. The exception is called "Steve Earle". Why, oh why, Jennifer Nettles? That is 3 minutes and 36 seconds of my life that I will never get back. (I'm writing that in my most whiney voice.) The rest is awesome. Get the CD that has the bonus songs. The live tracks are great.



I just like this guy. He's kinda quirky. You should check out his website and you'll see what I mean. http://www.jasonmraz.com/ This CD has alot of different sounds and styles on it. The songs remind me of anyone from Lionel Richie to the Beatles. It even has a duet with Colbie Caillat, who I quite enjoy as well.

So, do yourself a favor and purchase these CDs. You'll be oh, so happy that you did. Leave me a comment and tell me what your current faves are.

9 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

Oh boy...I am in LOVE with music! I can't get enough of it! I love Jason MRaz...I haven't heard of the first one you mentioned...so I'll have to check her out...but I'm sorry to say I'm sooo not a fan of Sugarland. The only song I can stand of theirs is Stay. I'm pretty sure my favorite bands of all time are The Killers (don't let the name fool ya...they're not really killers ;-). The Dixie Chicks (you can hate me), I'm really liking Chris Brown's "Forever", Ne'yo's "Closer", Duffy's "Mercy", and I really could go ON AND ON. Oh and I LOVE Maroon 5! Adam Levigne has such an amazing voice! K I'll stop for now. :-)

a.net said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
a.net said...

Come on Becky-we all know you love Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl". And what about "Soulmate" by Natasha? Your real talent lies in Me-oh-Myah. She can belt out a song in her sleep.
a.net

Cindy said...

Ok Shoold I just love ya more everyday- because you just brought a tear to my eye with your thoughts on music...how inspiring! :)

Cindy said...

oh forgot to mention my favorite bands right now...they are coldplay, the killers, the bravery, candlebox's new song "miss you", O.A.R., Augustana, 3 Doors Down "not my time", Secondhand Serenade, always love Sugarland, and Jewel! I will stop now but I do also share your love of music especially singing it loud as I can...remember the good ole days singing Candlebox in the Grand Am driving to Young?!?!?!

Codie said...

BECKY!!! I am so happy to have found that you are living. I run into Cindy every now and then and I miss laughing my bleeping head off with you two. You look absolutely BEE-U-TIFUL! I am going to add you to my list of "must see".
Codie

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carlye Momma said...

K I just downloaded Adele's cd and I just have to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for suggesting this one. OH MY GOODNESS! I'm in tears...it's seriously BEAUTIFUL! I love her version of "To Make You Feel My Love". One of my VERY favorite songs! Anyway...thanks baby...I LOVE her!

And if you don't already have Secondhand Seranade's most recent cd...DOWNLOAD IT...it's FABULOUS!!! He's got a GORGEOUS voice. I love it when singers use their voice as an instrument. It's absolutely inspiring.

K...I'll go now.

LOVE YA!

Christenson's said...

Ok Becky so I am checking out your blog, and really teary eyed through the whole thing, your blog is so cute and I am so very jealous I do not have one for my family and then Annie's song comes on???? That is MY song and now I am crying seriously tears running down my face because I do not have such a cute blog to journal about my family with Annies song playing in the back ground. Does this blogging thing take a lot of time to put together? Ok so I don't think it is just the blog that I am jealous about it is the idea that everything in your life is about motherhood....how so very lucky you are!!