Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ice Skating on Crescent Lake

The kids had so much fun trying to ice skate on Grandma & Grandpa's lake. They did a pretty good job!
Myah
Chloe
Chloe and Myah falling on their butts simultaneously. This happened quite a bit.
My cute nephew Jack
My adorable niece Kate and my BIG brother Josh
I was kind of worried at the thought of letting my kids skate on a frozen lake because I thought maybe they could fall through the ice. Then I found out that the ice is about 16 inches thick. This is a picture of some ice fishing shanties and trucks out on the middle of the lake. I guess it's safe.

4 comments:

Shake-N-Bake said...

How fun! I would have been nervous about letting my kids on the lake as well, but it looked safe!

Christenson's said...

Oh how fun! I want to turn our circle into an ice rink, but I don't think everyone else will go for it. I thought it would be safe too because their wouldn't be water underneath. I really want to live in your parents house. Do you just walk outside and their is the frozen lake? So Iceskating in the winter whenever you want and then swimming/boating in the summer whenever you want? I love it!

Carlye Momma said...

LOL! I was totally thinking "good thing they didn't fall in" before I got to the bottom...well...I guess it still applies...GOOD THING THEY DIDN'T FALL IN!

How stinkin cute! What a fun Christmas memory! Ice skating on a lake...staying in a plantation style home on a lake...you should write a book! Or a song! :-)

Nicole said...

Looks like fun. Every time we drive by any water my kids sit and try to decide it is safe to ice scate on or not. They usually conclude that no it isn't. Fun. Looks like you had a great time.