Friday, January 23, 2009

You Be Thelma, I'll Be Louise & Moqui Caves...A Roadtrip

Last Saturday, my dear friend Cindy and I, drove the long 12 hours back to Utah. We talked, we sang, we reminisced, we laughed. There is no one else that can make me laugh as hard as Cindy does. It brought back a lot of memories of all the road trips we'd taken in the past. At a gas station along the way, we even found some of the chocolate toffee covered almonds that were the standard snack we used to eat whenever we would travel, back in the day. They were $6.95 for a little bag, but we didn't care...it's tradition. Just out of Kanab, we stopped for a little culture (and to stretch our legs) at Moqui Caves. The girls had a great time checking out the collection of fluorescent minerals on display there.
All of us
Aubrey, Chloe, Myah
Myah in front of an international money display.

Since it was too dark to photograph any of the fluorescent minerals, I made a video. Probably not the greatest quality.

10 comments:

Christenson's said...

Oh how I love road trips!! I bet it was especially fun with just girls!

Heidi said...

I wish I could have been a fly in the car just to observe you all. I can only imagine the laughing that went on. Did I ever tell you that my grandmas were Thelma and Louise! Funny huh!

Carlye Momma said...

Oh how fun!!! Tiffany took the words right out of my head! Glad you were able to spend time with your sweet friend!

love ya!

Cindy said...

AWH Shoold!! You got me tearing up again!! I had so much fun but that is nothing new when I am with you!!! I am so so glad that I got to come home with you. It was a trip I will cherish always! You have got to be the funniest, wittiest, smartest gal that I know and quite the hostess, too! Thanks for taking me all over tarnation, but then again, that is nothing new either!! California at midnight?? Why the heck not!! I love ya Beck and I am so glad to have you as my dear friend!!!

Lucrecia said...

Oh my goodness! I totally remember Cindy! I bet you two are quite the pair:) What a fun opportunity. I love girls trips!

Codie said...

I have had the privilege of night outs with the two of you and almost wetting my pants ALWAYS. Seriously I don't think that there are two funnier people in the world.

Nicole said...

Road trips are the best. So glad you had a fun time. By the way will you email me your recipee on how to pressure can the beans you were telling me about. I got my canner for Christmas and I'm dying to try them. Thanks you are the best. By the way is Cindy the one that was with you at Hobby Lobby? You seemed like you have a lot of fun together if it was.

Tammy's Blog said...

Great photos!LOL

Ashley and Andrew said...

Okay- I'm a total dork but I beg Andrew to stop at Moqui Caves (as well as... I'll admit it... the Animal Sanctuary that is a few minutes away.) EVERYTIME he says we'll stop on our way home or we'll stop next time. I'm pretty sure it won't happen until we have a car of screaming kids and we have to stop for sanity. But I'm glad to finally get to see pictures incase I never get inside!!!

Cassie and Chad said...

I can't believe you guys stopped at the Moqui caves. We have only passed by those like 449 times. I didn't know anyone stopped at them. What a great road trip, I bet you and Cindy would be a blast to do a 12 hour car ride with. What a great friends to stay so close over so many years.