Friday, December 5, 2008

The Recorder Is Such A Lovely Instrument

For some reason, I can hardly control my laughter when 100 fourth graders are performing in a Recorder Concert. I think I have some sort of disorder or disease which causes me to laugh at inappropriate times. (I know, that's very immature of me and probably bad parenting.) I don't know if it's the high-pitched, off-key, ear-piercing sound or how serious they all are about it. I do have to say, whoever taught them did a great job. They were totally into it and knew every song. Here. Have a listen. Chloe is in the back row and you can hardly see her. :(

I had to stop recording so I could regain my composure. It's hard to keep the camera steady when you're laughing so hard. Sorry, Chloe. I really am proud of you.

5 comments:

Christenson's said...

Becky, I too find quite a lot of enjoyment out of recorder performances... begining band performances are spectacular too. My question is were they Christmas songs or not? I couldn't tell and the bandana's around quite a few necks threw me off. Was that their costume or just a new style??

Shake-N-Bake said...

I can't decide what I laughed at more, the stunning performance or hearing you giggling in the background . . . I am pretty sure it was you giggling . . . especially with the screen moving in unison with your giggles!

Lucrecia said...

That is so funny! I have never heard of a recorder concert...? Not the best instrument for an entire class to play at the same time. I think I would have a hard time holding back the laughs too!

Nicole said...

You are so funny. I do admit though not my favorite instrument either.

Brooke said...

Oh how I loved the recorder when I was in elementary school! You are so funny! Thanks for making me laugh!